Sunday, March 21, 2010

Smoking...

(no, not that kind!)

My friend Randy has a smoker.  An electric smoker.  I thought these things didn't exist, but alas, they do.  Currently we have a 3 lb. brisket going, with some mesquite chips helping flavor the meat.  I'll post up when it's done, but needless to say, we opened up the door to the balcony just so we can smell that incredible blend of wood and meat.

So it's not very "haute," but hell, sometimes you need to enjoy the simple things.  Like smoking a beef brisket on a school night.

6 comments:

  1. Your smoked beef brisket is going to be proof that simple is best. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velva- so true. It was absolutely amazing. I'll be doing a post regarding a very tweaked recipe this weekend. Needless to say, the smoker needs to be utilized more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you are friend! I pulled some of my Tex-Mex BBQ Brisket from the freezer for our lunch this week- Ahhhh the smoker is my year round friend!

    Whats up? I thought about you today when I was at this cutting edge restaurant in NYC watching as they whipped up some culinary genius!

    Look forward to some of your amazing dishes, and I got my hands on kimchi butter, I am wondering if it would be worth butter poaching lobster???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo....smoked brisket. Can I come over???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely! And I just got a smoker myself :). Pics coming soon!

    Chef E- a LOT of school work. But thankfully, it's winding down, and I'll be able to get back to what I love. Stay watching!

    ReplyDelete